Are you a parent of a baby or toddler 0 months – 3 years?
Are you looking for an activity to do with them that can help development and learning?
If YES we have news of a new activity here in Ashmore Park.
Rhythm Time is an enjoyable experience involving music and singing for babies, toddlers and pre-school children.
What happens at the Babies session for 0-months to 15 months?
- Singing – to help language development. All children sing before they learn to talk
- Dancing – to help eye tracking, balance and spatial awareness
- Exercise – to help with muscle development and to gain more control over movement
- Massage – to help with bonding, relaxation and circulation
- Exploration – to help with hand eye coordination, develop small motor skills and to encourage speech development
- Social – to help parents and children create new friendships
What happens at the Toddlers session for 15 months to 3 years?
- Unaccompanied singing – to encourage children to have the confidence to find their singing voice and to help them sing in tune
- Listening – to aid concentration and to develop the activity so it becomes something special
- Percussion playing – to explore different timbre, to help with coordination and to develop a sense of pulse
- Dancing – to develop confidence, self-expression and large motor skills
- Rhythmic imitation – to develop listening skills and to echo different rhythmic patterns accurately
- Rhymes – to develop and extend speech through the recognition of shape, pattern and form
When and Where?
At the moment the only sessions on offer are the sessions for babies and toddlers. RhythmÂ Time do offer sessions for pre-school (3 years to 5 years) but these are not currently offered by the Ashmore Park co-ordinator.
Babies session (0-months to 15 months) – Every Monday 10:30am. Spring term classes run between 9th Jan 2012 – 26th March 2012.
Toddler session (15 months to 3 years) – Every Monday 11:15am. Spring term classes run between 9th Jan 2012 – 26th March 2012.
St Albans Church, Griffiths Drive, Ashmore Park.
First session is free and approx Â£4.15 per week thereafter. They have a range of payment options which include weekly, monthly and per term.
For further information please click here to be directed to the RhythmÂ Time website.