A massive blaze started at Carvers Builders Merchants in Wolverhampton city centre around 11:40am today.
Smoke could been seen for several miles and by 1pm had made it’s way to Wednesfield withÂ debrisÂ beginningÂ to fall in some areas.
- Police have asked people to avoid the area
- Victoria Halls student tower block and nearby houses have been evacuated as a precaution
- Wolverhampton train station has been closed indefinitely
- A 200 metre exclusion zone has been set up around the Carvers site
- Train station has now re-opened
- Victoria Halls has no re-opened
- Canal tow paths are also now open again
- Buses are running as normal
Dozens of photos and videos have appeared on social networks – Â keep an eye on our Facebook page for developments.
Photo source: James Page (Facebook)