Alongside all the groups that have been busy planting knitting and crocheting as part of Wednesfields entry to the Heart of England in Bloom Competition St Thomas’ Church have been busy arranging a whole series of FREE events for the community to attend both in the church and over in the st Thomas’ Centre (the old library building opposite the church).
- The first event is a pamper evening, starting at 7pm on Friday 24th July organised by the mums from our toddler group, Tom’s Tots.
- Taster sessions, of a range of activities relating to health and well-being, including exercise classes, sessions on mindfulness and meditation, health checks and sessions on different hobbies such as photography, singing and flower arranging. These are being run by local of people, many of whom attend St Thomas’ Church. These will be running in the St Thomas Centre from Monday 27 June to Thursday 30 June 2016, and they are all completely free.
- On Friday 1st July and Saturday 2nd July the Church will be decorated with flowers by the church flower-arranging team and by children from the community. There will be opportunities to go up the Church tower (at 11am,12.30pm and 3pm each day), and we’re also holding a CakeFest with a fabulous selection of homemade cake to enjoy, together with tea and coffee.
- On Saturday 2nd July we’re holding the third Wednesfield Village Show, with over 30 classes to enter, including fruit and vegetables, crafts, photography for both adults and children. Details of the classes are on our website http://www.
wednesfieldteam.org.uk/ village-show/ Entry is just 25p per item entered, and it’s completely free to come and see the winners in each class!
- St Thomas’ Day is on Sunday 3rd July, and the church will be celebrating our saint’s day at the 10.15am service.
The full schedule of events can be found in the flyer below: